Thursday, February 23, 2012

nostalgic

Today I finally cleaned the hard drive on my laptop. I was putting that task away for some time, but the load of disorganized folders, documents and pictures could not be ignored any longer!

So as I was organizing the pictures, I found the photos from my trip to Nizhny Novgorod  in Russia. I visited my relatives there this January and spent the entire winter break in that beautiful city. Looking through the pictures made me want to jump into the time machine and bring January back. I thought I'd share some of the pictures with you guys!
 The main street of the city. There are those amazing forged statues all the way through it. My cousin and I had so much fun taking pictures with them :)







                                                                Eternal flame in Nizhny Novgorod Kremlin                                                                                                                             

We went to the park, where the old russian village was recreated. I've never seen anything like that before. Can you imagine carving all those beautiful designs by yourself?

Don't really know what those things were used for (some kind of
a well, if I'm not mistaken), but they look kinda cool, don't they? :)


My little cousin and I were very excited to see the snowdrifts. So we didn't just stand around looking at them :)
Sadly we both got a cold the next day :( But I still claim that a snow bath wasn't the reason :)

Have you ever seen a swing this tall?
And a bit more of the gorgeous architecture!

I really hope you guys enjoyed this post! What cities are you nostalgic about?
XOXO

3 comments: